LARES 4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
Day 1: CUSCO – HOT SPRING LARES- HUACAHUASI
Pick-up at hotel at 6:00 am. After traveling by bus for about three hours, we arrive at the medicinal hot springs of Lares. After a relaxing bathe, we start a three-hour trek to a little village, Huacahuasi (3.200m), where we camp.. The indigenous weavers of this high-Andean community work with traditional textile techniques. Here, we have the opportunity to watch them in action, making ponchos and other garments. Lunch and dinner are included.
Day 2: HUACAHUASI – ABRA IPSAY – PATACANCHA
Early wake-up and breakfast. The toughest part of the trail begins, bringing us up to the Ipsaycocha Pass, 4350m above sea level. From there, we enjoy a wonderful view of the Pumahuanca (5330m), Sahuarsirai and Pitusirai mountains. Then we descend to the Ipsaycocha Lake (4200m) after Patacancha small village in where will be our campsite. Lunch and dinner are included
Day 3: PATACANCHA – WILLOQ – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
With an impressive view of the valley, we follow the trek down to the Village of Willoc (3200m) and then on to Pumamarca. Passing through ancient agricultural terraces we finally reach Ollantaytambo (archaeological site considered to be one of the most important site museums in the world) at a perfect point from which to overlook the complex and its vast variety of flowers and birds. From here we take the train to Aguas Calientes, arriving there around 8 pm. Overnight at a comfortable hotel. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
Day 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After breakfast we head towards Machu Picchu for a three hour guided visit to the old Inca citadel. Return to Aguas Calientes by bus. Free time to enjoy the town and its Hot Springs. Return to Cusco by train.
- Use boots during treks and sneakers during long walks.
- Drinking lots of liquids on long excursions, specially during the Inka Trail
- Always taking an umbrella or rainwear.
- Personal sleeping bag
- Warm Jacket or Sweater
- RainGear (from nov to april)
- T-shirt , short, long pants.
- Back pack, trekking shoes, sandals
- Sun Hat , wool hat , sun glasses
- Water bottle,flash light, hat
- Personal clothing for trek
- Insect repellent – Suncream
- Personal medication
- Water Purification Tablets.
- Toilet paper
- Pick-up at hotel in Cusco
- Bus service to Lares
- Professional tour guide
- Horse (for food & camping equipment only)
- Kitchen & camping equipment (tent, mattress)
- Meals (3B–3L–3D)
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Bus from / to Machupicchu
- Breakfast (day 1)
- Lunch (day 4)
- Bus service from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Extra horse US$ 30 per day.